Friday, October 28, 2011

Top Ten: Television/Web Cast

This was a really difficult list.  There is not much in television programming that I think deserves recommendation.  It is mostly all garbage.  I'll just get right into it I guess.


  • Good Eats.  Science and cooking.  Natural partners, great show host.  Watched 10 seasons but the show is ending this year, after about 250 episodes.
  • Farscape.  One of the best ever science fiction series.  I disliked the main character.  The human.  Remember, if you are ever cast to the other side of the galaxy, you are an ambassador of your race.  Don't make us look bad.
  • The Guild.  Felicia Day shows us the life of a World of Warcraft addict.  Funny as heck.
  • Mythbusters.  Two stunt men set out to prove or disprove everything!  I love science.
  • Welcome Back Kotter.  An oldie but goodie.
  • I Love Lucy.  Another timeless oldie.
  • Columbo.  Best crime show every.
  • The Daily Show.  I hesitate to add this one.  For years, Jon Stewart poked fun at 'the man'.  And pretty much poked fun at everything else.  Then Obama became president.  Stewart seemed to reverse his role and became a government apologetic and rationalizer.  I was so disappointed that I stopped watching the show for a couple of years.  I have noticed that even he is becoming disillusioned enough by our current regime that he has started poking 'the man' once again.
  • Bill Whittle.  The host of a couple of political commentaries, Bill Whittle provides us the with reasoned, intelligent and elegant monologues that I wish all political show hosts used, left and right.  Debate would be so much more meaningful.  Watch something, anything at all by Bill and tell me you don't agree.

1 comment:

Jillina said...

Community??
Hell's Kitchen????
Chopped??
Kitchen Nightmares?!