Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cheesecake

Cheese cake is the yummiest food. I like all kinds.

I got really hooked on cheese cake while in Germany. There was a truck that drove through the streets like an ice cream truck, only they sold breads and pastries. My girlfriend at the time surprised me with an assortment of breads and a slice of cheese cake from the truck one day. I've been hooked ever since.

While there are many kinds of cheese cake and many ways to make it, the best cheese cake of all is the one made with love just for you. A few years ago, while I was serving in the military, my wife made some cheese cakes for me to share with the folks at work.




Maybe my wife will share her recipe on her blog.

How about an old poem?

I actually really like this poem. I will say more about it afterwords.

Written 19 June 2003.

Perfection of Imperfections

Why has a frown
furrowed your brow?
why doesn't a smile grace you lips?

Oh, my dear, it's me!
You don't know.
I'm crooked or big or have wide hips.


I find you pretty,
No, beautiful and sweet.
Really, you're a gorgeous sweetheart.

I've had boyfriends.
More than just one.
Seems a lot, you think me a tart?


We have all looked,
in the most unlikely places,
for true love, our heart's desire.

You are my perfection.
A jewel tempered with
the heat of your soul's great fire

You might only see flaws,
when your view is too narrow,
and see yourself in such small sections.

Sublime beauty is created,
Nature's own transformation,
with a confluence of exquisite imperfections.


I really like the message of this poem even though I have to admit I didn't think of it myself. I got the idea from a gem merchant named Fred Feldmesser. He wrote about how nature crafts the most beautiful and valuable objects by imbuing them with imperfections.


It is an essay on gemstones, which I do not have a professional or hobbyist interest in. However, I have an interest in about everything because you never know where you will find wisdom.


Powered by Qumana

4 comments:

Jillina said...

that was a yummy cheesecake. ^.^

and that is a great poem, with a wonderful message.

i love you!

Sandra said...

Love the poem :) And hey, cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts....LOVE it!

Hope you're having a great day.

Anonymous said...

I really liked this poem! So true as well...

Mike Golch said...

Oh Man you would have to go and show CHEESECAKE now didn't you,I'm drooling all over my keyboard.