Friday, February 15, 2008

Let's get this party started

I'm not really interested in blogging. I'm not one to flow with the crowd either. So why I am writing a blog now? Because my wife told me too. :)

I don't have any great wisdom to pass on or incredible experiences to share. I'm not sure what to write. I think I will post some of my writings. A few years ago I started writing stories and poems and I think I will share them with you all (whomever you all may turn out to be).


Here is a poem I wrote on June 15, 2003

An attempt at something romantic


Tormenting Visions of an Angel


Ethereal beauty, her bright face
The long flowing auburn tresses
Arms poised for a warm embrace
and ready with teasing caresses

Her genuine warmth radiates
while saddened shadows haunt
A charming spirit fascinates
as a sweet, kind soul does taunt

Half lidded eyes a dreaming
do see me as I gaze in wonder
She is open to me it is seeming
But who's spell is who under?

Does she see the worn humble shell
of a man used and nearly empty?
Can anyone who knows of her tell
if her vision of me nears 20/20?

While I do harbor patience, devotion,
warmth and love, the stormy passion
has been tempered by abused emotion.
Now spring rains are more my fashion.

I am struck numb and indecisive.
Should I withdraw or maybe pursue?
If it were your hearts missive,
which do you think you would do?

I do so wish to see her smile.
To kiss away her tender pain
(Oh so much has burdened her awhile)
Till only happiness will remain

To Be touched by her sleeping breath
And hold her till she has no doubt.
I would know her love till my death.
I'd gladly seek to end loves drought.

It makes me smile to read this. I am so transparent. I was divorced and my state of mind shows. I refer to her genuineness and kindness while I speak of my poor abused self and my doubts.

I will post something else tomorrow. Maybe we will see not only development in my writing, but emotional development as well.

5 comments:

Jillina said...

What a lovely poem honey.

I think posting your writing here is a great idea, we'll have to link Sandra to your blog. :)

I love you!

Michelle said...

great poem..welcome to blogging give it time and you'll be addicted to it.

Sandra said...

KELLY :) I'm so happy you started a blog and you know what, when I first started blogging I didn't know what to write either, but within a few weeks I got into it and now I can't stop.

I use the blog as an outlet, I talk about everything and anything as you've noticed. So don't tell me you don't have anything interesting to talk about or share, I know differently :)

As for your poem, I love it, it's really really good, I wish you would have shared it with us a long time ago :)

Welcome to blogging....can't wait to see more from you :)

Mike Golch said...

Kelly,if you are so new to blogging why does it feel like you have done this forever? Love your poetry,before I entered the USAF I had tried my hand at poetry and sucked and still do that is why I don't even try anymore.
As far as being divorced I think a lot of military people go theu that.I got married when I turned 21 and stationed at Mcclelland AFB.to a gal I meet at the USO in downtown Sacramento. We were married a total of 5 years,and the marraige got rocky because I had to go TDY a lot.that was my squadrons mission as a depot level maintanance squadron,she was not happy and we fought all the time.when I got out in 1974.things were better for a while than it just fell apart.by the time I was 26 I was divorced.

Anonymous said...

Don't know what you will write? Rest assured, with children, you will never run out of material (I don't write about my daughter all the time, but in a pinch...she can always inspire me).