Monday, February 25, 2008

A Good Surprise

I am going to treat you to two surprises with this post.


The first is my new blog, The Natural Inquirer.  No poems.  No stories.  Just the facts.  There is something there for you now, but finish here first then go check it out.


The other surprise is about my ex wife.  She wasn't too much in to me writing when we were together, but that didn't stop her from being a source of inspiration after she was gone.  I think this is the only piece I wrote about her, in response to a letter she wrote me.  I will include the letter she wrote me too.


Written 22 June 2003



Thorns and Roses


You wrote to say you want me back.
You miss me, my touch, my scent.
All the things you had given up,
when you called it off and went.

I'm fianlly ready to be the wife
you've always wanted me to be.
I'll give you love and affection
and do all those wifely duties.

Then, reminding me of the time
when our first son was born.
Awake for days to cut the cord.
I got to hold his tiny form.

I was very proud and happy
when you gave birth that day.
Two more times we were blessed.
Each child was a rose bouquet.

But our problems never ceased.
The past was full of sorries.
I never lost faith or hope,
and tried regardless of worries.

Counselling failed to help.
It was another excuse to fight.
There were several affairs,
until you met a new Mr. Right.

You decided to get divorced
and threw away our shared life.
Tired of me and our children,
you wanted to be another's wife.

You tempt me back with offers,
promises and haunting poses.
But you were just the thorns,
and I already have the roses.


I'm pretty sure that is all I wrote about her.  Now her mom, I could write libraries full of demonic poems about that lady. The Oxford University Press might have something to say about my use of the word 'lady' but I claim poetic liscense.  Poets can mangle any word.


Now, in case you forgot, check out The Natural Inquirer.


Powered by Qumana


3 comments:

Jillina said...

and our roses are still thriving.

i love this poem!! :)

Sandra said...

LMAO libraries full of demonic poems LOL

Thanks for sharing this Kelly, you know how I feel about Shelby LOL Your poem was beautiful and I agree with Sam, your bouquet is still thriving :)

Mike Golch said...

your other site is great.